2 (13.5 oz) cans chilled coconut milk, liquid discarded
½ cup almond butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup granulated erythritol
4 oz low-carb dark chocolate
1 cup almond flour
2 Tbsp coconut flour
2 Tbsp granulated sweetener
1 tsp xanthan gum
½ tsp sea salt
2 Tbsp ghee
1-2 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp slivered almonds, to garnish
- In a saucepan, heat the coconut cream, sweetener, vanilla, and almond butter until they’re completely melted together.
- Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate until the mixture is smooth and the chocolate is melted.
- Refrigerate the mixture while you prepare the crust.
- Whisk or sift the flours, sweetener, salt, and xanthan gum.
- Using a fork, cut in the ghee until the mixture is crumbly and beginning to resemble dough.
- Add half the water and knead into dough. If it’s looking dry, add more water so the mixture is sticky to the touch.
- Press into a pie tin and bake at 350F for 15 minutes or until the edges brown.
- Once the crust is baked, pour the chocolate filling into the pie tin and place in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
- Slice the pie and serve cold. Refrigerate any leftovers!
Fat 41.31 g
Net Carbs 6.6 g
Protein 8.7 g